Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Weekend Update

Friday, November 21st
  • I went to Joe's house to get ready for the Davis tournament. We were supposed to leave at like 7 but we ended up leaving at like 8:30... Indian timezone?
  • We arrived at the hotel at 10-ish. I really hate driving to Davis, especially at night. Exhausting.
  • If you though Davis smelled bad, Dixon smells 10 times worse.
  • I was going to check into the hotel and drop off the guys and drive to Davis to hang out with Sam and Yuki but I was too tired. ><
  • We could not sleep at all Friday night. I was sharing a room with 3 other guys and this one guy played Counter-Strike (who even plays that anymore?!) all night, one guy left the TV on the whole night because apparently he can't sleep without it on, and one guy kept getting out of the bed to check his laptop every 5 minutes. The best part: the stupid fire alarm kept going off at random intervals. Never staying there again.
Saturday, November 22nd
  • We had to wake up at 6:30 to get ready, eat breakfast, and drive over to Davis for the tournament. It took so long for everyone to get up because we all got like 30 minutes of sleep the night before.
  • At like 7:30, we went down to get breakfast and load the cars. When we stepped out of the hotel, we literally could not see 15 feet in front of us. It was so damn foggy. I was driving like 40mph on the highway and trying not to run over anything. And it took 30 minutes for us to find the tennis courts because we couldn't see it even though it was right next to the road.
  • We finally got to the courts but (surprise..) it was too foggy to warm up because you can't even see the ball. After waiting for an hour, the fog finally cleared up and the tournament finally started.
  • I won my first round of singles pretty easily but lost the first round of doubles. Then I lost in the second round of singles but won the consolation round for doubles. Not too terrible.
  • After the tournament ended for the day, we went to eat some all-you-can-eat-sushi!! It was pretty much the best thing ever. Then my friend tried to hit on this group of Korean girls sitting next to us and he kept asking me to teach him some Korean so he could talk to them. Haha what a fool.
  • After dinner, we went to Quickly! We can never escape that place. Except it was kind of gross because there were flies everywhere. Typical Davis.
  • We went back to the hotel and we all watched 28 Days Later on TV. My favorite part was when a guy was flying the helicopter and the blades cut up a mob of zombies.
  • This time, everyone fell asleep pretty quickly because everyone was so tired. Unfortunately, I could not sleep very well because the guy that I was sharing the bed with rolled over and basically slept on my shoulder the entire time. Not the most comfortable thing in the world.
  • Oh yeah!! Cal won!! Thanks Natalie for the excellent commentary! :D
Sunday, November 23rd
  • Woke up, packed, checked out.
  • This time, no fog!
  • The tournament ended really well for me. I won all 4 of my matches on Sunday. It was in the consolation round but whatever. A win is a win.
  • One of my teammate won the entire tournament and he and his doubles partner lost in the finals of the doubles tournament. They lost to the Berkeley Club team. Hopefully we'll get better because we're playing the Berkeley Club team in January.
  • After the tournament, we all went to In N Out and pigged out. At around 5, we loaded up the cars and drove home.
Random things:
  • We're watching Memento in my Philosophy class. I know people watched that last summer. What a weird movie..
  • I hung out with Niyanth yesterday! He came home from Illinois and we visited Leadership together. Good times.
  • I'm excited for break. Hopefully I'll get to hang out with people but I have a lot of work to do. Philosophy essay, Calc Exam, Stats Exam, Stats lab....ACK.
  • Football on Friday!!!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

kevinnn!
I see you put comic strips on the bottom of your blog
exellent. ^_^Y

Kevin Lee said...

crystal i did that for you!! you FINALLY noticed?!